Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Weigh-In Day

The Scale Was Kind ... To My Surprise!

Earlier this week we came back from a week of vacation to visit family and to celebrate a few special events, too.  So, that means cake.  Red velvet cake, to be exact ... and it was super delicious.  Plus, my sister's homemade lasagna which was a special treat.

Other than the big party celebration on Tuesday, I ate pretty well.  Luckily, my sister is trying to loose weight, too.  So, we made a conscious effort to eat healthy but not put a damper on our visit either.

One night we grilled prime rib steaks with baked red potatoes, along with a big salad.  I ate just a bit of the potato because everything else was mouthwatering good.  We had big egg breakfasts which set the tone for the rest of the meals.  In other words, I wasn't raiding the pantry for snacks and things.  My sister also prepared a healthy and hearty soup one night and made sure we had lots of fruits and veggies to munch on.

We got home Wednesday night and to my surprise I only gained one pound!!!  So thanks dear sister for helping me stay in the zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment