Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Caesar Salad and Baked Chicken Breasts

For both of the recipes below, I made enough for six servings; one dinner and two lunches to feed my hubby and me.  The dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated.  However, don't add the dressing until you're ready to eat the salad. 

Caesar Salad (Slim & Sexy book, pg. 183) with Baked Chicken Breasts.

Making your own Caesar salad dressing really makes a difference.  It was so flavorful, but fresh tasting at the same time.  I could have eaten double, it was that good.  This recipe calls for anchovies, which I didn't use because I'm not a fan.  I added a little sea salt instead.

Suzanne suggests dipping the hearts of romaine in the dressing so you can enjoy scrumptious mouthfuls, which I really enjoyed.  My hubby preferred to break up the romaine and pour the dressing over it.  Either way, it was fabulous.  The next time I make it I'm going to increase the dressing so I have some on hand for the following week.  Just don't add the egg until you're ready to eat it.

This recipe calls for:  cracked peppercorns, 1/3 cup EVOO, grated Parmesan cheese, one egg boiled for 1-1/2 minutes, 3 tbls. red wine vinegar, 2 tbls. fresh lemon juice, 1 tbls. pureed garlic, 2 teas. dry mustard, 1 teas. celery salt, 3 dashes Tabasco sauce, 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce, romaine lettuce or hearts of romaine.

To make the chicken breasts, I basted EVOO all over the meat, then sprinkled Grillmates Montreal Chicken (by McCormick) on top.  Then, bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.  They were a wonderful compliment to the salad.  I made extra chicken for leftovers later in the week, too.  My hubby chopped up his chicken and put it right in the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment