Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's Weigh-In Day

The Scale Was Kind!
As I mentioned last week, we just came back from vacation and I gained a pound at my last weigh-in.  I'm excited to say that I lost that pound today.  Yeah for me.  Now, with only 12 pounds to go, I'm digging in to realize my goal.
Suzanne posted the recipe below on her web site today and I'm making it tomorrow.  I love fennel, too, and never tried this preparation.  We went to the Farmer's Market this morning and fennel was a good buy today.  I'm going to pair it with a steak on the grill.
I also purchased some zucchini at the market and will roast them on the grill, too.  That way I'll have veggies ready to go for Monday.  Now that's a real time saver.
 
Carmelized Fennel
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
  • 6 fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a large sauté pan over medium–high heat. Add the olive oil and butter. When melted, add the sliced fennel and sauté for about 10 minutes, turning consistently for even browning. When brown on all sides, reduce heat to low, cover, and continue cooking for another 10 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment